Flash Bang Online
Sounds are made in a variety of ways. Understand that loudness can change. Sound travels through the air and is detected by ears. Light is sensed by our eyes. It moves in a straight line. Light travels through many mediums and it is both reflected, absorbed and refracted.
- Sound is a vibration that can be detected by our senses and you can feel the vibrations from your voicebox.
- Loudness can be controlled.
- Light bends as it moves from one medium to another.
SCIENCE EDUCATOR demonstrations
- Demonstrate the movement of sound waves.
- Sound is a vibration.
- Sounds can be made inside a balloon.
- Demonstrate bending light with a fresnel lens.
- Illustrate magnification.
- Make a sound drum to show that sound moves through the air and can be detected.
- Construct a simple lens and use it to experiment with refraction of light.
Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed ACSSU020 Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions ACSIS038
Yr 3 -4
With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to questions, considering the safe use of appropriate materials and equipment ACSIS065
Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted ACSSU080
Light and sound are produced from a range of sources and can be sensed VCSSU049
With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated scientifically and predict what might happen based on prior knowledge VCSIS065
Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted VCSSU080