Sound moves in straight lines. It is made from vibrations.
Sound travels as waves which change with the volume and pitch.
Sound waves become amplified inside a bell.
- Feel sound vibrations with tuning forks
- Construct a device to prove that sound moves through the air
- See that sound moves and the waves vibrate a surface
- Discover Lissajous patterns
- Understand volume and pitch
SCIENCE EDUCATOR demonstrations
- Demonstrate that sound travels and is invisible
- Sound moves through the air
- Visualize the sound waves
- Demonstrate that sound moves through many medium
- Demonstrate how pitch changes with length
- Feel vibrations
- Construct a sand drum
- Note that the surface of the drum moves when loud noises are created
- Construct an amplifier and discover how it works