Paddle Streamer Science
Learn more of the workings of a paddle streamer and how steam makes sounds louder using amplification and vibration.
- Making sounds louder.
- Understanding how energy works through movement.
- Changing pitch and amplification
SCIENCE EDUCATOR demonstrations
- Whistles and how they work.
- Conducting a variety of ways to change amplification.
- How does steam work in a paddle steamer?
- How can we change the energy through movement?
- Explore using string to amplify sound.
- Make an Amplifying bell.
- Using rubber band power and storing energy.
- Produce a paddle boat and conduct an energy experiment with it.
POST WORKSHOP ACTIVITIES.
Yrs 3-4 *Heat can be produced in many ways and can move from one object to another (ACSSU049)
*Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a distance (ACSSU076 )
Yrs 5-6 *Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer questions and solve problems using equipment and materials safely and identifying potential risks (ACSIS086)
Yrs 3-4 *Heat can be produced in many ways and can move from one object to another; a change in the temperature of an object is related to the gain or loss of heat by the object (VCSSU063)
*Safely use appropriate materials, tools, equipment and technologies (VCSIS067)
*Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a distance (VCSSU064)
Yrs 5-6 *The properties of sound can be explained by a wave model (VCSSU106)
*Energy from a variety of sources can be used to generate electricity; electric circuits enable this energy to be transferred to another place and then to be transformed into another form of energy (VSCCU081)
*Suggest improvements to the methods used to investigate a question or solve a problem. (VCSIS087)