See The Light
White light is made up of light of every colour. Mixing red light, green light, blue light and all the other colours of the rainbow together makes white light. Light moves in waves and different colours of light have different wavelengths. Light bends when entering different mediums.
- Use diffraction grating to break white light back in to all the colours of the rainbow and make rainbows.
- Use equipment to look at different wavelengths as an analogy for light wavelengths.
- Experiment with refraction (light bending) in different mediums.
- Make a Newton’s colour wheel to see how colours blend in to white light.
SCIENCE EDUCATOR demonstrations
- Shine light through a prism to separate colours from white light.
- Demonstrate how light bounces off objects in to our eyes. Explain why different objects are different colours.
F-2 Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed (ACSSU020
Yr 5-6Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted (ACSSU080)
Yr F-2 Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed (VCSSU049)
Yr 5-6 Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed (VCSSU049)