Join our amazing team
We might be looking for someone just like YOU to come and work with us at TwistED Science. Please take a look at the jobs below and apply now with your resume and cover letter!
Moorabbin - Floor Staff
About the Role
We are looking for energetic people to provide an inviting and stimulating setting to promote STEM learning and family fun. Some of your tasks will be to interact with customers and provide excellent customer service, keep the place clean and tidy, sell tickets and answer questions at reception, serve and clean at the café, teach customers how to use all of our science exhibits and give them a rundown on the science if asked.
It will be a casual position and you will be most needed on weekends and school holidays so you must be free at these times.
Skills and experience we are after:
- Enthusiasm and a strong work ethic required;
- A moderate level of physical fitness – you will be walking around quite a bit;
- Experience in customer service and/or cleaning would be great;
- A background in STEM would be beneficial;
- A background in café work would be beneficial;
- A passion for the job is a must!
Wages and conditions are based on the Amusement, Events and Recreation Award and there are great opportunities for promotion to become a science presenter and/or management positions for the right candidate.
Apply with your resume and cover letter here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/57617144
Moorabbin - Weekend Barista
About the Role
We are after someone who wants to work part-time over the weekend, Saturdays and Sundays from 8am - 4:30pm. Our Cafe Supervisor works Tuesday to Saturday and as the the 2nd in charge of the cafe, you will run the cafe on Sundays. Wages will be $31.50 per hour plus leave and superannuation entitlements.
This role reports directly to the Cafe Supervisor on Saturdays and to the Branch Manager on Sundays and is responsible for:
- Creating an exceptional experience for all our customers at TwistED Science, Moorabbin;
- Making amazing coffee;
- Preparing and serving our simple food options like toasties and muffins for customers;
- Supervising the casual cafe staff and being responsible for opening and closing the cafe on Sundays;
- Keeping the cafe clean and supervising/executing the daily clean at the end of the day;
- Covering the front reception desk and using the POS system to sell tickets;
- Making unique science drinks;
- Sometimes you may be asked to help out on the floor, clean and talk to visitors;
- Helping to come up with new ideas to improve the customer experience.
Skills that we are looking for:
- At least two years making coffee;
- The confidence and energy to deliver great customer experiences;
- A bubbly and energetic attitude;
- A willingness to be flexible and tackle any task including cleaning and maintenance;
- Experience with point of sale software and hardware;
- Experience running a cafe and supervising junior staff;
- A passion for working with children (you will need to have a Working with Children's Check);
- An interest or background in science and technology is a bonus!
Apply with your resume and cover letter to [email protected].