What are chemicals? What are compounds? What is a chemical reaction? Learn how chemical reactions can produce precipitates, make gases and create temperature changes.
- Introduction to elements, compounds, and the Periodic Table.
- Experiment with awesome chemical reactions
SCIENCE EDUCATOR demonstrations
- What is a chemical? What is a compound?
- What makes a chemical reaction?
- Experiment… Smoke signals
- Chemical equations.
- Make a chemical garden, using a number of chemicals and solutions.
- Mixing chemicals and observing the reactions that happen.
Yr 5-6 Changes to materials can be reversible or irreversible (ACSSU095)
Identify, plan and apply the elements of scientific investigations to answer questions and solve problems using equipment and materials safely and identifying potential risks (ACSIS103)
Compare data with predictions and use as evidence in developing explanations (ACSIS221)
With guidance, plan appropriate investigation types to answer questions or sole problems and use equipment, technologies and materials safely, identifying potential risks. (VCSIS083)
Solids, liquids and gases behave in different ways and have observable properties that help to classify them. (VCSSU076)